Robert M. Sellards
Phone: (304) 697-4700
AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
Rob was a 2016 Young Gun as identified by the WV Executive Magazine. He’s been recognized as one of the Super Lawyers Healthcare Rising Stars. Rob was accepted and graduated from the 2016 Leadership WV program.
– Represents several tax-exempt community hospitals as an outside general counsel;
– Experience in transactions involving hospitals and other providers of medical services;
– Actively represents and defends physicians and nurses during state medical licensing matters;
– Experience in tax matters related to tax-exempt organizations;
– Extensive experience in medical malpractice/litigation and professional malpractice matters
– Actively consults and works with healthcare clients regarding provider credentialing & privileging matters,
– Serves as a mediator
– Registered lobbyist
Medical Professional Liability Defense
Healthcare Corporate / Regulatory
Privacy and Information Security Litigation
Data Security Litigation
Medical Monitoring Claims
Automobile, Trucking and Transportation Defense
Commercial Financial Services Litigation
Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
Product Counseling, Reporting and Liability Defense
Government Relations / Lobbyist
More About Robert
Almost 20 years ago while living in Pittsburgh, PA, Rob decided that he wanted to come home to WV and start giving back to the communities that raised him. He relocated to Huntington, WV and started his WV legal career. His desire to build and give back to his home state and local communities shows through in his civic involvement and pro bono legal work.
Rob spends significant time devoted to his state and local community. He is a member of the West Virginia State Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors and is serving his second year as the Chair of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce. He’s previously served as a board member and Executive Committee member of the United Way of the River Cities. Rob donates significant professional time annually to provide legal services at no cost (probono) to local charitable organizations.
Rob spends his free time with his wife, Valerie and 2 children (Lillian and Robert). He enjoys travel, mountain biking and cycling.